Linda Storm Artist
Originally from Buffalo, NY, my move to New Mexico in 1994, led me to Native American artist Bruce King, who became a friend and mentor, and to study with master artist Lee Rommel, who taught me oil painting. During the previous and following years I juggled my life as an artist, while being a mother, and Montessori teacher.
Currently, I am an award winning professional artist who has exhibited internationally and earned recognition for my solo and collaborative art. I create solo works of art and paint with artists from around the globe. In my art studio in Santa Fe, NM, I create large and small works on canvas inspired by nature, music and global cultures. My Santa Fe, NM art studio is a haven where I host art retreats, events for other creatives, and collaborate with other artists.
ART CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
· 2019 –Paintings were featured by SeeMe as projections at The Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street, New York, New York, March 27-31, 2019
· 2019 – Awarded Certificate from the Albuquerque Journal North for The People’s Choice Award as a Top 3 Artist.
· 2017-2018-2019 – Official Artist of The New Mexico Platinum Music Awards
· 2018 – Accepted an invitation to debut my series of surreal paintings of goddesses based on ancient religions and myths, in Italy at Galleria Villacana D’Annibale, in a bi-solo exhibition in September 2018 which was featured by reporters on 3 Italian television stations.
· 2018 –My paintings titled Music! was projected in the historic Lensic Theater in Santa Fe as part of the New Mexico Music Awards, and featured on the cover of the program.
· 2018 – Co-founded the Art Collective 2ac in Santa Fe, NM
· 2015 – First Prize, Cash award for juried exhibition, New Century Artists Gallery, NY, NY.
· 2014 – A review of my collaborative art exhibit in NYC stated my art “most certainly has opened a new window on the horizon indeed for this century in art.” ArtFuse
· 2011-2014 – As owner of Last Gallery on the Right, Canyon Road, Santa Fe, I represented, curated, and hosted art openings and exhibitions for 10 global artists.
· 2010 – Invitation to exhibit my work in a group exhibition representing the best of New Mexico art during the State’s bicentennial celebration.
2019 – Regarding the featuring of my Feminine Almighty series by SeeMe:
Dear Linda Storm,
As technology makes our world more interconnected, the act of creation has become a universal language and a vital conversation. Your art represented at the annual Affordable Art Fair is a thrilling contribution to that dialogue.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us and with the world.
Brendan Burns, CEO of See.Me
2015 – Curated and exhibited 100 of my collaborative paintings at a solo exhibition in the New Century Artists gallery in NYC. The gallery owner wrote:
This work is the best I have ever shown in the 21 years I owned my gallery, and some of the most amazing artwork I have ever seen. It is so skillfully executed and filled with such intricate complex details that it automatically draws the viewer into an inner sanctuary. The work is of such a high caliber I am certain it will be in many museum collections.
Chana Benjamin, Gallerist, Curator, Art Appraiser, Educator, Photographer
2013 – Hotelier Deb Garrett invited me to curate conference rooms in Garrett’s Desert Inn. Her testimonial:
The city of Santa Fe in New Mexico is known for its rich art culture. Throughout the city, you will find hundreds of art galleries hosting not just southwestern style art, but an array of styles and mediums. I am a hotelier who was interested in hosting art exhibits in my Santa Fe hotel. For my hotel, Garrett’s Desert Inn, I chose gallerist and artist Linda Storm to create, curate, and exhibit art in two of our meeting spaces. The space closest to the lobby was marketed as “The Gallery.” The second space was a large conference room where we held many events including concerts. . . .
Linda covered all the available walls in our largest conference room with her extraordinary paintings of aspen trees. Many visitors and conference attendees remarked about the elegance and beauty of the artwork.
Linda was professional, collaborative, and enthusiastic to work with. The art drew in the public and helped me increase business. I recommend without qualification Linda Storm for her professionalism, her marketing acumen, her open mindedness, her innovativeness, and her amazing art.
Emmy winner Maura Dhu, and her husband, Native American actor Wes Studi, own the largest private collection of my art; Bank Manager Marcel Legendre; School Director Katrina Holder; Publisher David Schwartz; Texas Tech professor, writer, and founder of the band Sha Na Na, Dr. Bruce Clarke; award winning filmmakers Jane Rosemont and Jenniphr Goodman; and scientist Kate Healen. International collectors include marketing executive and comedian Bill Pezzimenti of Australia; and professor and artist Uta Kokelsberger of London. My art is in private collections on five continents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 1995 - Present – Solo and Collaborative Professional Artist, Santa Fe, NM.
· 2010 - Present – Curator and host for art and musical events, and retreats. Manage 1500 sq. ft. art studio/gallery, collaborator with other artists, participant in community mentorships and fundraisers.
· 2018 – Founding member of 2ac Art Collective in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
· 2017 - Present – Owner and curator of Semiotique Gifts in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
· 2014 - 2016 – Guest curator of Garrets Gallery in Garrett’s Hotel, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
· 1980 - 2016 – Career juggler - Montessori Teacher, mother, and artist.
· 2011 - 2014 – Owner and curator of, and one of ten global artists for, Last Gallery on the Right, Santa Fe, NM.
· 2009 – Elementary teaching certificate for state of New Mexico.
· 2008 – Montessori elementary teaching certificate.
· 2003 – Montessori primary teaching certificate .
· 1980 - Present – Continuous learning via various art and marketing c lasses.
ART EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS
· 2019 — Metallo Gallery, juried group miniature exhibition, Madrid, NM
· 2019 — Fuller Lodge juried group exhibition Shades of Grey, Los Alamos, NM
· 2019 — SeeMe, online and projected exhibition, HerStory, Jane Hotel, NY, NY
· 2017-2018-2019 — Art projected on stage during The New Mexico Music Awards at historic Lensic Theater, Santa Fe, NM
· 2018 — Villicana D’annibale Galleria Inc. Bi-solo art exhibition by invitation, Arezzo, Italy
· 2018 — First National Bank of Santa Fe, Eldorado Branch, three month solo exhibition, Santa Fe, NM
· 2018 — Featured artist in Glow Inc, online blog
· 2018 — Metallo Gallery, juried group miniature exhibition, Madrid, NM
· 2017 — Invited and accepted position of Art Director of New Mexico Platinum Music Awards
· 2017 — Art projected as a stage backdrop and originals on exhibit for New Mexico Platinum Music Awards at the historic Lensic Theater, Santa Fe, NM
· 2017 — Juried acceptance into the NM Art in Public Places roster, New Mexico
· 2017 — Metallo Gallery, juried group miniature exhibition, Madrid, NM
· 2016-2017 — Steaksmith, a legendary iconic restaurant, solo exhibit, Santa Fe, NM
· 2016-2018 —Juried acceptance to exhibition I am Become Death, Fuller Lodge Art Center, Los Alamos, NM
· 2016 — Juried acceptance for exhibition What’s Past is Prologue, Fuller Lodge Art Center, Los
· 2016 — Ceres 12th National Juried Exhibition, NY, NY
· 2016 — Offline Gallery, Solo Exhibition, NY, NY
· 2016 — Metallo Gallery, juried group miniature exhibition, Madrid, NM
· 2015 — New Century Artists 4-2-1 - Four hands, Two Cultures, One Artist – solo exhibition of 100 collaborative paintings, New Century Artists, NY, NY
· 2015 — Art selected as cover of the book EARTH, LIFE, and SYSTEM by professor Bruce Clarke, published by Fordham Press
· 2014-2016 — Last Gallery on the Right, Two Views One Vision – Solo exhibition of collaborative paintings, Santa Fe, NM
· 2014 — Art 2 Art, Exhibition and concert collaboration, a conversation between sound and color, hosted by the New Mexico Music Commission
· 2014 — LaTienda Gallery, Two Views One Vision – Solo exhibition of 60 collaborative paintings, Santa Fe, NM
· 2014 — New Century Artists, The Land of Us, juried acceptance to group exhibition, NY, NY
· 2013-2015 — Garretts Gallery, Curated and exhibited paintings in public conference rooms, including solo exhibition, at Garrett’s Desert Inn, Santa Fe, NM
· 2013 — Juried acceptance to exhibition and sale hosted and sponsored by The New Mexico Committee of the National Museum of Women in the Arts and The Center for Contemporary Arts
· 2006-2012 — Annual Pecos Studio Tour, Pecos, NM.
· 2011 — Art Takes Times Square, projected group exhbition, NY, NY
· 2011 — Jennie Cooley Gallery, group exhibit, Santa Fe, NM
· 2010 — Luna Rienne Gallery, miniature art, San Francisco, CA
· 2011 — La Tienda Gallery, Eye of the Storm, Curator of exhibition of work of 4 artists including my first collaborative paintings, Santa Fe, NM
· 2010 — Santa Fe Community Gallery, juried centennial exhibition of Best of New Mexico, by invitation, Santa Fe, NM
· 2010 — New Mexico Museum Gallery and Gift shop, miniature paintings, Santa Fe, NM
· 2009 – 2015 - New Mexico Bar Bulletin- featured my art as cover, New Mexico
· 2009— Wish You Were Here art card exhibit and benefit for New Mexico Women’s foundation
· 2009 — Art featured in New Mexico Magazine
· 2009 — Wells Fargo Solo Exhibit, Santa Fe, NM
· 2008-2009 — Dish and Spoon Cafe and Gallery, Santa Fe, NM
· 2007 — New Mexico Sun Monthly, Cover art, New Mexico
· 2007 — First National Bank of Santa Fe, solo exhibit, El Dorado, NM
· 2006 — Atomic Cafe and Gallery, solo exhibit, Santa Fe, NM
· 1994, 2010, 2012 — Fuller Lodge, juried exhibitions, Los Alamos, NM
· 1996 — Commissioned portrait of son of actors Maura and Wes Studi
· 1983 — Hallwalls, juried group exhibit, Buffalo, NY
· 1979-1983 — Designed and painted stage backdrops and logos for various musicians and bands, painted race cars, and mural commissions for interior walls